Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I find that using the auto clamp one causes me to over squeeze the other side. This makes the cutter side bind faster. Once that happens it goes into the big Klien bag of broken tools used for spare parts.

If Seatek makes the Klien sold at home cheapo, they made it to last less than a month.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have found that by the time I have to change the blade, the tool has used it's usefull life.

It usually binds in the handle after that.

The apprentice on the job last week was able to make a useful tool out of the six garbage roto strip tools I had in my graveyard though.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I never knew there was any other way to split mc/ac cable than a rotosplit.

There is the hacksaw method. Klien also makes a MC/BX cutter that looks a little like *****.

I bought the *****/snips thinking that if I got good at it I could be as fast as Roto splits. That was never going to happen. Too bad to because then I would not have to worry about them hanging up on metal studs. I get annoyed when my Roto splits get yanked out of my hammer holster while asking between studs.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Of all the manufactures you can break them down into two. One with cellophane and the bond strip over top of the cellophane, And one without cellophane. Buy the one without cellophane. You'll make better time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.