Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
I find that using the auto clamp one causes me to over squeeze the other side. This makes the cutter side bind faster. Once that happens it goes into the big Klien bag of broken tools used for spare parts.

If Seatek makes the Klien sold at home cheapo, they made it to last less than a month.
If you are oversqueezing due to the lever, then you probably have it set way too tight. Loosen the set screw so that the lever bottoms out when the cable is nice and tight in the cup but not squeezed in too hard.

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
Someone just buy this guy a root split and hand deliver it to him on his job site. Good lord

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can see that you're a bit on the edge and I understand why. sbrn33 has been gone a long time and it's really getting to you.

But don't fret, he should be back from Cabo any day now. We should throw him a welcome back party thread.

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
Who told you this? The bond strip is supposed to wrap around the outside of the jacket a few times.
No, it's not. That is just something that you do, not something that is supposed to be done.

As for MC-AP, the bond wire is a larger gauge and will not wrap around nicely like the small gauge bond wire in BX. The instructions for MC-AP clearly say to cut it flush with the jacket.

·
Banned
39,205 Posts
I have not used it in a few months but I thought there was something about bending it at like a 120 degree angle? We were using it with Arlington snap in connectors. Either way the instructions tell you what to do.
I remember about 7-8 years ago when it first came out the supply house gave us some along with the new Rotosplit made to cut it. The tag on the cable showed pliers cutting the #10 aluminum bonding wire right near the jacket and didn't mention doing anything else with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.