Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I can see that you're a bit on the edge and I understand why. sbrn33 has been gone a long time and it's really getting to you.

But don't fret, he should be back from Cabo any day now. We should throw him a welcome back party thread.

I know. I don't know what my problem is. Everything upsets me nowadays. I'm sorry guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I never buy tools from the supply house, they are way too expensive. I will typically order tools online or sometimes buy them from Lowes or Home Depot when they have a good deal.

Really? That's where most of us buy our tools.
Where else do you buy specialty tools..like a Roto-Split?
Exactly what he said!

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
I still have the first one I bought and I think it's safe to say that as a union member doing commercial work for a very long period of time, I cut a damn lot of MC. Along with lot's of old steel BX when doing residential.

What exactly do you think wears out on the 101A?
What does the union have to do with wearing out a rotosplit?

I never knew there was any other way to split mc/ac cable than a rotosplit.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I never knew there was any other way to split mc/ac cable than a rotosplit.

There is the hacksaw method. Klien also makes a MC/BX cutter that looks a little like *****.

I bought the *****/snips thinking that if I got good at it I could be as fast as Roto splits. That was never going to happen. Too bad to because then I would not have to worry about them hanging up on metal studs. I get annoyed when my Roto splits get yanked out of my hammer holster while asking between studs.

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I've done the hacksaw thing in my early days. Did the rotozip thing. Got lazy and found that angled tin snips work the fastest for me. And on a good day I trim the armor 90° so the bushing sits flush to the connector.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I still use the hacksaw method. Its what I've gotten used to over the years and it works well. I don't even own an MC/AC cable splitter anymore.

NOW.....let the ridicule begin:laughing:

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,311 Posts
im gonna be a smart ass and say, "hands and a pair of *****"

We _ere at et believe in equality for all and t_erfore please be a responsible citizen and refer to t_at piece of mac_inery as diagonal cutting pliars.....:laughing:

P.S. Anybody talked to Steve lately?

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,487 Posts
I have the Greenlee one, it is about 15 years old and works like a champ. Funny, I have never seen the Seatek one at a supply house here on the West Coast. Wonder if it is a location thing?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.