Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a rough number on a 5500 sq ft house? In RI, 400amp underground/house does have gas/55 recess cans/ standard spacing of outlets nothing crazy/ homeowner to supply alll lighting fixtures other than recess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100' of wire in 3 inch pvc (6 cuts of 250 al), not responsible for digging trench. 400 amp meter socket feeding two 200 amp panels. Thinking i might have to buy meter socket with disconnect outside because panels will be on other side of house. Got a quote for that meter at 1500$ vs. 375$ for regular one. May just put two disconneccts in basement. Problem is its a finished basement, not sure how homeowner will feel about that.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Anybody have a rough number on a 5500 sq ft house? In RI, 400amp underground/house does have gas/55 recess cans/ standard spacing of outlets nothing crazy/ homeowner to supply alll lighting fixtures other than recess.
$47,374.03..

Welcome to the forum...:thumbsup:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
100' of wire in 3 inch pvc (6 cuts of 250 al), not responsible for digging trench. 400 amp meter socket feeding two 200 amp panels. Thinking i might have to buy meter socket with disconnect outside because panels will be on other side of house. Got a quote for that meter at 1500$ vs. 375$ for regular one. May just put two disconneccts in basement. Problem is its a finished basement, not sure how homeowner will feel about that.
You want the meter main in this case.

https://www.platt.com/platt-electri...ooper-B-Line/U4042MCC/product.aspx?zpid=15507

·
Estwing magic
27,563 Posts
Detail EXACTLY what you're responsible for to the last wood screw. Anything beyond that must be signed off with change orders. Make your bid "Subject to site conditions". If the job is a mess at least that gives you some justification to charge more. Big houses can be a disaster. I oils never do another one without completely covering my ass beforehand.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Detail EXACTLY what you're responsible for to the last wood screw. Anything beyond that must be signed off with change orders. Make your bid "Subject to site conditions". If the job is a mess at least that gives you some justification to charge more. Big houses can be a disaster. I oils never do another one without completely covering my ass beforehand.
Exactly, big custom homes you have no idea how many call backs you can expect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Depends on the home owners... a small 3000sqft house can easily have twice the number of call backs than a 10,000sqft house. Because the home owners are nuts.
" Uhmm, there must have been some misunderstanding, i wanted to switch that one cieling fan, lights and fan separate, from nine locations, also, i'm allergic to remotes."

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
It's been known to happen on the smaller houses too but the bigger houses are typically owned my really wealthy people that think they're doing you a favor by giving you the work.
Prostituting that sense of entitlement and ego is just too easy....;)

30K usually equates to

another 10K for anything you whine about

~CS~

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.