Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever we bid a job ( we do 95% commercial) I do a follow up call to the general a few days later to see where we were at. I also think this shows our dedication and intrest in the project.
Now, some generals are really good about it and will give me the 3 lowest bids, and some are complete jerks about it. Do any of you do this also? Or do you just assume if you don't hear about it you didn't get the job and you do not need the feedback.

Do you ever get the feeling your numbers are being "shown" sometimes?

·
Righteously Indignant
38 Posts
It takes time to cultivate relationships.

Be patient. Take some time and get to know them, whether it's a lunch appointment or a sporting event. Market yourself, and your company. Sometimes a small investment can pay off handsomely. Making them remember you, your name, and your face when you call, can sometimes make the difference in winning and losing a bid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
we check every bid it helps to see if you are being competitive but remember your numbers for your business these are the numbers you really need to watch because in your fight to be competitive you can make your company go under in a heart beat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.