Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guys I would like your input. I am a Native American in NC around the Fayetteville area. I own an Electrical Contracting business that I "officially" just started a few months ago. I have an electrical engineer degrees but am a state law enforcement officer right now b/c I hated my cubical I was working in before. I own the contracting firm on the side with one employee. I mostly have been doing a lot of bs residential calls and residential work, basically keeping my head above water. What steps do I need or certifications are a must to get on the commercial and industrial side of the ball? That being said what is the best way to get in on any commercial or industrial bids? PS getting the people is not a problem I have at least 6 industrial, commercial electricians begging to come work for me if I can get the work. Thanks a lot..........

·
Registered
455 Posts
Perhaps I am misunderstanding something, are you just an electrical engineer who has an electrical contracting license or one whom doesn't? I apologize if I was being too dense and overlooking something.

If you do have a license, look over the reciprocation rules for your neighboring southern states. You could be the local liason for limited voltage companies working a contractor down South and want or require a real electrician in a support role. I had that for a Southern company that came up my way this summer.

Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional require a good website and networking on LINKEDin. You can also play the angle of minority contractor for prevailing wage gov't work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and I am an electrical contractor. Worked with electricity since I was 6 with my grandfather then through college with my uncle and pretty much every weekend for 6 years afterwards. Who would I contact to point me in the right direction about the liaison? As far as websites what is essential for a contractor, how much would be smart for a small company to invest in, and do you have one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts