Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,552 Posts
No, we cannot have any branch circuit wiring in the barriered area. For all intents and purposes they are considered two distinct enclosures. It would be considered the same as passing branch circuits through a fused service disconnect.

·
Registered
448 Posts
In new construction I use a 40 space(never a 32/40) and add a sub in the garage or utility room. Seems to work well.
I bought a Homeline 20/40 and a QO 30/40 last year from Lowes. They were both clearance items and I'm finally going to use them. So with the opportunity cost of having my money tied up for a year I'll only be losing $125.00:laughing:

·
Jesus Scott
9,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
how many AFCI breakers are required these days, in new houses? it better to use AFIC receptacles an a smaller panel or one big panel?
Pretty close to all 120v circuits. In my case it's a service upgrade/renovation with limited space for a panel. I need at least 50 ckts.

Of course my two main suppliers look at me like I asked for fetus juice when I inquired about a larger panel. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Lep said:
how many AFCI breakers are required these days, in new houses? it better to use AFIC receptacles an a smaller panel or one big panel?
You have to put a breaker in unless you run conduit to the first receptacle. You could get away with two, I don't think the HO would be too happy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What size of a building needs 114 circuit panels? Are they all located in different areas? Are all 114 panels the same brand?
A 34 storey condo building downtown. They are all in electrical rooms, 2 or 3 electrical rooms per floor in general. Usually with 2-3 114 circuit panels and a couple smaller 60 space or something panels then the lighting automation panels. All of these panels are spec'd and are the same brand, 120/208 3 phase with isolated ground.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.