Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Estwing magic
27,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened once before. After fighting with it like a dog ####ing a football, I finally got it out. This time it's really stuck.

Am I the only guy to have this wonderful experience?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yep, it has happened to me a couple of times. I have, so far, been able to wrestle them out. I could see the twist/distortion on the bit shank. Some of these "impact rated" bits are not up to the task. I am always concerned about shearing a bit off in the chuck and needing to disassemble the tool to remove the bit.

·
Estwing magic
27,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't think it's a cheap bit. I buy them from a fastener store, not the dollar store. Maybe the problem is that it's a good bit and has been in the driver for a couple of months now. Maybe it kind of found its sweet spot and doesn't want to leave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it a new driver? I have found with newer impacts they mushroom the ends of the bit inside the holder and get stuck. I have had success putting the bit in a vice and wiggling. If you take your screwdriver bit and but it backwards in a drill chuck. Then use a file to radius the end it usually solves the issue. If you got a Robertson stuck in there then leave it you're good for life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.