Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drawing a blank here on code reference
For a hot water baseboard boiler I need a disconnect why? Does it fall under appliance? Or motor for the pump?
Second can I mount the disconnect on an 8' ceiling? I know breakers cant be higher than about 6' something but is discos different?

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
From my local state and utility co mandate, a means of disconnect outside of the boiler room in event of fire and one means of disconnect within sight for means of service.

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Nothing to do with nec of , course

Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shockdoc said:
From my local state and utility co mandate, a means of disconnect outside of the boiler room in event of fire and one means of disconnect within sight for means of service. Sent from my C5215 using electriciantalk.com mobile app
Yeh the thing is my local AHJ is different than yours

·
cool cat
341 Posts
I assume you are talking gas fired boiler,the AHJ in our area lets the breakers in the electric boilers serve as the disco,I would say for a gas boiler 422.30 might be the rule for providing a disconnecting means motor driven appliance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.