Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
That's actually a bonded project, in some states the local jurisdiction requires the contractor to be bonded for much the same reason, except the bond is usually (at least around here) for $10,000.00 OK for home owners but hardy a dent on a commercial project.

On some service trucks you will see LICENSED BONDED as part of their advertisement, IMO hardly needed as this is required to be in business, I doubt any moonlighters are using logo'd trucks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's actually a bonded project, in some states the local jurisdiction requires the contractor to be bonded for much the same reason, except the bond is usually (at least around here) for $10,000.00 OK for home owners but hardy a dent on a commercial project.

On some service trucks you will see LICENSED BONDED as part of their advertisement, IMO hardly needed as this is required to be in business, I doubt any moonlighters are using logo'd trucks.
We are required to include our ROC number on our trucks, business cards, invoices, estimates, advertisements. Believe it or not the unlicensed are required to include "unlicensed" on their stuff as well. Kind of reminds me of the IRS stepping in to claim their taxes from drug dealers.

With the high number of unlicensed hacks doing business in our area, those of us who went through the proper channels and do quality work are proud to state "Licensed, Bonded, Insured" on all of our stuff.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
In california it is illeagle to advertise that you are bonded, because all contractrors have to be and it according to what I have read. this does not stop all sorts of contractors from advertising it anyway.

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
We are required to include our ROC number on our trucks, business cards, invoices, estimates, advertisements. Believe it or not the unlicensed are required to include "unlicensed" on their stuff as well. Kind of reminds me of the IRS stepping in to claim their taxes from drug dealers.

With the high number of unlicensed hacks doing business in our area, those of us who went through the proper channels and do quality work are proud to state "Licensed, Bonded, Insured" on all of our stuff.
Where are you,pal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.