Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
314.3 Nonmetallic Boxes. Nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted only with open wiring on insulators, concealed knob-and-tube wiring, cabled wiring methods with entirely nonmetallic sheaths, flexible cords, and nonmetallic raceways.
Exception No. 1:  Where internal bonding means are provided between all entries, nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted to be used with metal raceways or metal-armored cables.
Exception No. 2:  Where integral bonding means with a provision for attaching an equipment bonding jumper inside the box are provided between all threaded entries in nonmetallic boxes listed for the purpose, nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted to be used with metal raceways or metal-armored cables.

OK, how do you bond the sheaths together? Can you just wrap the bare ground around the sheath? I have never seen it.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
314.3 Nonmetallic Boxes. Nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted only with open wiring on insulators, concealed knob-and-tube wiring, cabled wiring methods with entirely nonmetallic sheaths, flexible cords, and nonmetallic raceways.
Exception No. 1:  Where internal bonding means are provided between all entries, nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted to be used with metal raceways or metal-armored cables.
Exception No. 2:  Where integral bonding means with a provision for attaching an equipment bonding jumper inside the box are provided between all threaded entries in nonmetallic boxes listed for the purpose, nonmetallic boxes shall be permitted to be used with metal raceways or metal-armored cables.

OK, how do you bond the sheaths together? Can you just wrap the bare ground around the sheath? I have never seen it.

A box with an approved metal clamp , but I don't think they even make them.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
i believe an armored cable with a ground wire tied to any such other grounded means would suffice, but dont quote me on that!:rolleyes:

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
the real question in my mind is what is an acceptable connector, entrance to that non metalic box?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts