Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
if you are using greenfield, one end should have a bonding bushing (sorry, you'll have to look up the code ref)

·
Registered
678 Posts
A bond bushing is required if you enter through a concentric or eccentric knockout, if it's above 250v. 250.92 I think

If you are using Greenfield at least one end needs one, and I think it's good practice if you enter with a hard metallic raceway. The vibrations from the current over time could slowly work a compression fitting or lock nut loose and that bond bushing in theory could be the only thing keeping that raceway safe.

If you enter through the bottom in PVC you don't need a bond bushing but obviously you would need an EGC.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
RIVETER said:
On a "PROFESSIONAL" electrical forum that is nothing to brag about.:mad:
I don't know how many times I have to say this but we don't have inspectors in the plant. That doesn't mean our work isn't "code" compliant but it does mean I will continue terminating in the bottom of transformers because there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Secondly, I find it hard to believe that's actually in the 2014. I straight up don't believe it actually

·
Registered
148 Posts
ponyboy said:
I don't know how many times I have to say this but we don't have inspectors in the plant. That doesn't mean our work isn't "code" compliant but it does mean I will continue terminating in the bottom of transformers because there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Secondly, I find it hard to believe that's actually in the 2014. I straight up don't believe it actually
You're gonna make me walk out to my van and get my code book aren't you?

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
2dogs said:
You're gonna make me walk out to my van and get my code book aren't you?
Nah I trust you. I just don't think the NEC is gonna dictate how to install a transformer or any piece equipment for that matter because historically the NEC will let manufacturer instructions have that one

·
Registered
148 Posts
ponyboy said:
Nah I trust you. I just don't think the NEC is gonna dictate how to install a transformer or any piece equipment for that matter because historically the NEC will let manufacturer instructions have that one
450.10 is the reference. It talks about grounding bars being installed over the vents, not conduit entries, it appears I may be mistaken. I will look tomorrow when I get in the van, right now the walking dead is on.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I lifted this off the net, Im not sure if the wording is accurate.

450.10 (A). A terminal bar for all grounding and bonding conductors shall be installed inside the transformer enclosure, and shall not be mounted on or over any vented portion of the enclosure.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Awg-Dawg said:
I lifted this off the net, Im not sure if the wording is accurate. 450.10 (A). A terminal bar for all grounding and bonding conductors shall be installed inside the transformer enclosure, and shall not be mounted on or over any vented portion of the enclosure.
Yep that says nothing about conduit installations that I can tell

Riveter, I will be waiting patiently for your apology

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I lifted this off the net, Im not sure if the wording is accurate.

450.10 (A). A terminal bar for all grounding and bonding conductors shall be installed inside the transformer enclosure, and shall not be mounted on or over any vented portion of the enclosure.

I don't seem to even have a 450.10(A) in my '11....:( ~CS~

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.