Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a couple of these, they drill like butter. One is 1½" and I use it a lot, It is getting a little warn. It was pretty pricey, I'd like to sharpen it but don't want to screw it up.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
Yep, just a file slightly angled towards yourself handlewise with screw tip facing away from yourself. Just enough to get a burr then strop it off.

Sorry thought you meant just the daredevils.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't like them as much as the greenlee, and I can't figure out how to sharpen them.

What kind of a drill was that?
IDK what kind of drill that was, I just posted the vid. I use a hole hog. The bit looks like it was sharpened at the factory with the flat side of some kind of grinding disk.

What OI really want is a bit that drill through these too.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
here is a picture of mine...dual action..drill or roto hammer mode...the tool ranch by me sharpens bits for $2 maybe someone near you does it?, I have to use bosch bits in it. Man she can go:thumbup:.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Why don't you move your hole a little out from the metal?

If I was a carpentar I'd be pissed to see you tearing up structural fasters, etc.

With an 1.1/2" dia. you'd of completly made the structural faster usless on one side of the piece.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
Why don't you move your hole a little out from the metal?

If I was a carpentar I'd be pissed to see you tearing up structural fasters, etc.

With an 1.1/2" dia. you'd of completly made the structural faster usless on one side of the piece.
Its useless as soon as its damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts