Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is everyone's opinion on Bosch cordless stuff. They have finally made their brushless models available. I use Milwaukee and have no problems or complaints but this impact looks pretty nice. It has the impact Driver and Impact Wrench with a 1/4-Inch Quick-change Hex and 1/2-Inch Square Drive chuck for sockets all in one.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Bosch is good. Some of the highest specs out there and from my experience, just as durable as the best of them.

I would wait until they came out with a Brute Tough brushless drill before I jumped on their boat again, though.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Bosch is good. Some of the highest specs out there and from my experience, just as durable as the best of them.

I would wait until they came out with a Brute Tough brushless drill before I jumped on their boat again, though.
When I think of Bosch cordless, I think of you, cause you are the only person I know who ever used it. I thought you sold it all?

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
You all are ridiculous thinking one brand is so much better than others. How long the tools gonna last is dependent on how you take care of them. I've done just fine with ryobi for the last 8 years or so.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Nyspark21 said:
I also have a ryobi that has lasted 8 or so years but it just does not have the balls that the bosch tools have.
To do what? I do commercial industrial work and have zero issues. I love the $39 angle grinder, the $89sds I use the 1/2" impact with a 1" socket with a knock out kit. I've never had a power issue. I just finished a wood frame school and now in the middle of a steel framed school. No issues.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Nyspark21 said:
Sending 14" into railroad ties when making generator pads, drilling 1" poles for bolts or even using hole saws on gear.
Seems like things my ryobi handles just fine. Although I typically wouldn't use a hole saw on anything bigger than 2-3/8" hole. On bigger holes i use a punch.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
When I think of Bosch cordless, I think of you, cause you are the only person I know who ever used it. I thought you sold it all?
I gave my old Ni-Cad set to my brother.

I still stand by my statement though, they were definitely professional level tools, which is a rep they don't get thanks to Lowe's stock of compact DIY models at their stores.

Had any of the other brands gone brushless and released a great 12v line first, I would have gone with them instead. Milwaukee has just left everyone else in the dust.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
To do what? I do commercial industrial work and have zero issues. I love the $39 angle grinder, the $89sds I use the 1/2" impact with a 1" socket with a knock out kit. I've never had a power issue. I just finished a wood frame school and now in the middle of a steel framed school. No issues.
Ryobi has stepped up their game lately (they are owned by the same parent company as Milwaukee), but I doubt any brand at the time I switched to them would've been able to put up with 10 hours of drilling in stainless steel like milwaukee's brushless drill could without burning through batteries or becoming unbearably hot. I might've switched batteries once, maybe two times on those days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.