Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....looking at running a 1" RMC up a grain leg tower about 200'.....no ladder that is accessible to do the run off of....(I did the original install about 4 years ago....pushed for a couple spares...:whistling2:) Looking at doing this with a Boss'n chair and block and tackle. I was a apprentice the last time I was involved with this setup....how many pully block & tackle do I need?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
JacksonburgFarmer said:
I did the first go around with a crane and basket....BUT the conduits are inside the tower, and that is not possible now with the platforms on top.....I don't sub much out...., not in my blood. LOL.
My choice would be scaffold then. Set up by a scaffold contractor. I would mark their price up 20%.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
My choice would be scaffold then. Set up by a scaffold contractor. I would mark their price up 20%.
My initial reaction was "20 stories of scaffold!? Holy crap!" but actually a contractor who could give you a hanging scaffold like window-washers use might really do the trick.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.