Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
The 250' rolls are a PITA. 1,000' spools are the way to go, less waste, easier by far to work with. We just line em up on our Rack-a-tiers and pull like crazy. It would drive me insane to rope a house with 250s. Every time HD sends me a 10% off coupon I buy the max and save $200.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If all you guys would have actually read the op, it was about how the handy hack box stores are short changing (screwing) the consumers (electricians) again. It wasn't a thread to start something about 250 vs 1000 foot rolls or how we pull off the stands.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
If all you guys would have actually read the op, it was about how the handy hack box stores are short changing (screwing) the consumers (electricians) again. It wasn't a thread to start something about 250 vs 1000 foot rolls or how we pull off the stands.
Ok, fine; how are you so exact to know this? Do you have a tach measuring
off and accounting for every foot?

If you had 25 pulls off your 250' reel and not exactly account but say have fluff
of 1.5' per pull - that equals 37.5'!

·
Estwing magic
27,706 Posts
Not sure how you're getting screwed when it says 246' right on the label. Who cares about a lousy four feet anyway?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.