Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that summer is upon us I am having a lot of trouble working in this heat. I recently bought some carhart pants that have since shrunk considerably and now are way too warm for my liking. Are there any breathable hopefully not to expensive work pants? They don't need to be super durable as I can wear knee pads when on the floor.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I like the key jeans from amazon, double front logger jeans with suspender buttons. Theyre cool enough for me in summer.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
Felandro look here, and yes they meet OSHA arc and fire resistant requirements:

AGO1

And the prices aren't too bad for us Canucks as well ($53-$65). :thumbup:

I've had two pairs for about a year now and they are great, look professional and are cool- even the navy coloured ones aren't too bad in this heat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i usually buy the thinnest pair of jeans at walmart for around 10-15 bucks each

downside is if you put your pliers/screwdriver in the back pocket it will have a hole in it in a few days

·
Registered
136 Posts
Duluth trading pants are expensive, but they are worth every penny. I have the Fire Hose Flex pants and they are the best pants I have ever owned. They stretch, repel dirt and water, and they have "ballroom". Need I say more?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Technically I can wear whatever I want, I could wear pajamas for all they care probably I just don't wanna keep buying them over and over.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even triple aughts thinner synthetic pants are stiff tough. Double knees. Reinforced crotch and rear. Extra fabric at the pockets so knife clips don't wear through them. Also the kneepad inserts are motorcycle kneepads not some cheap piece of neoprene like most others

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
You abso****inglutely do not want synthetic anything around your junk.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Duluth trading company
Men's cool dry fire hose summer pants.

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/work-pants-for-men/95115.aspx

I bought the regular fire hose pants and they are extremely comfortable. I've had them for only a month but they seem durable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I just ordered a pair, they look like great pants, free shipping for me which was nice, only 69$ that's waaaaaaay cheaper than carharts are up here, thanks for the link

Sent from my SGH-I337M using electriciantalk.com mobile app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.