Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a registered contractor can work in brevard county?..im a ER out of orange county and been calling the county but they seem to be too busy to answer phones. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's been a quite a few years since I was an ER. But then you had to have a letter of reciprocity if the county didn't accept another county's ER. The only real answer is to keep calling I guess. Try some one higher up the ladder.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,717 Posts
I miss having my own clam bed claim down behind 23'rd street south in the bannana river. They tasted pretty damn good in spaghetti sauce.

Another Brevard factoid: previously held jobs at the Mousetrap, the Carnival Club, Rivers Edge Restaurant. All back when a phone was a phone, and it had a circular dial thing or else some buttons you pushed..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a Brevard ER. They will honor your license after you pay them.
Thank you. Wanted to make sure I can reciprocate. The more I go into different counties and cities the more I am realizing having my e.c. is better and cheaper. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
19,744 Posts
Thank you. Wanted to make sure I can reciprocate. The more I go into different counties and cities the more I am realizing having my e.c. is better and cheaper. Thanks again.
That's what I did. I think they open up grandfathering up every 10years or so. Maybe see if you can get in on it next time.
Did your OC test include business?

·
Premium Member
19,744 Posts
I had a job either in Tampa or a city near it. I had my EC and we have "shall issue" laws here for permits. They did the whole reciprocity thing for me and thought I would be so proud to get their stupid and unnecessary card. They still send me a renewal every so often. :laughing:

·
Florida resident
3,898 Posts
knowledge29 said:
Does anybody know if a registered contractor can work in brevard county?..im a ER out of orange county and been calling the county but they seem to be too busy to answer phones. Thanks again.
What do you have going on I'm a little slow right now do you need any help

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I had a job either in Tampa or a city near it. I had my EC and we have "shall issue" laws here for permits. They did the whole reciprocity thing for me and thought I would be so proud to get their stupid and unnecessary card. They still send me a renewal every so often. :laughing:
So... Did you have to pay for the card? I was always under the impression an EC could pull permits statewide, without having to do any county registrations.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
FlyingSparks said:
So... Did you have to pay for the card? I was always under the impression an EC could pull permits statewide, without having to do any county registrations.
You have to show proof of insurance and license renewal with the state in all counties. Basically you're registering with the county. I work in 4 different ones and it's just a yearly thing. Sometimes you have to pay a business license fee or equivalent. They gotta have the revenue. Most cities will look to the county for proof of insurance. So if you got to the county you should be good for cities. I carry a cert. of insurance and state and local county licensure with me at all times just in case.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Can anyone give me an idea of what's on the Brevard county EC exam?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts