Electrician Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is for pros- but no one will answer me on the "homeowner" section. So I have no choice.

I am renting a house and have been here for 3 months- 6 of the light sockets are blowing lights after only one week and the bathroom socket (where you plug things in) keeps buzzing and getting up to 85 degrees. (as well as the light fixture in the kitchen ceiling)

We have had our landlord come over and his father in law has tried to "fix it" to no avail. They have tried 4 times and now 6 more lights are blown and we are in an old house. I am afraid of a fire hazard and my landlord refuses to call a real electrician. I don't want a fire starting because of his cheapness.

Is this a safety hazard/fire hazard or is it just a circuit board issue.

(all the lights that are blowing are on the same circuit)

It is wintertime and we've had 3 blizzards and I don't want to be killed in a fire.

THANK YOU !!

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Where are you from? If long island i can help. If the bathroom outlet is getting hot there is a good chance the white wire is heating up in there causing an imbalance of voltage leaving that location. That is just a theory however, it could be deeper than that.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
Tell your landlord to hire a real electrician.

Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.