Electrician Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31,730 Posts
If these are Clampmatic style (I Think they are and I THINK that is the name) this is an excellent switch. The movable blades wedge into the station blades for a tight low resistance connection.

Megger, micro-ohm and move on.

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
Bulldog

Early Pushmatic panels were also Bulldog!

There are many Bulldog disconnects still in use. Very well made!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
For what it's worth, the history of Bulldog is that they were bought by ITE and became ITE - Bulldog for a while, then ITE was bought by Gould, who then sold it off to Sylvania, who was bought by Siemens. But the Siemens switches are still called "VB" Series to this day, for Vacu-Break, the term Bulldog had on the original switches (you can wee it on those photos). As far as I know, Siemens is still using that same VB switch mechanism in their switchboards on the larger sizes. Their stand-alone disconnects are now called the VB-II because they modernized them so they are no longer the same.

The I-T-E brand was not part of Sylvania ( GTE ) , Gould Inc. sold off bits & pieces of I-T-E Imperial Corp. between 1976 & about 1984-5 & they sold the low voltage operations to Siemens-Allis, about the only part they kept was the electric fuse div. (Chase-Shawmut).

I seem to remember American Switch as the line of 1" so-called "interchangable" plug-in breakers that Zinsco/Sylvania & later became the Challenger brand in addition to the reviled Zinsco garbage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The I-T-E brand was not part of Sylvania ( GTE ) , Gould Inc. sold off bits & pieces of I-T-E Imperial Corp. between 1976 & about 1984-5 & they sold the low voltage operations to Siemens-Allis, about the only part they kept was the electric fuse div. (Chase-Shawmut).

I seem to remember American Switch as the line of 1" so-called "interchangable" plug-in breakers that Zinsco/Sylvania & later became the Challenger brand in addition to the reviled Zinsco garbage.

Dear ,

i have a switchboard made by BULL DOG ,
can you advise from where i can find parts for it ?

find attached some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
3,314 Posts
Dear ,

i have a switchboard made by BULL DOG ,
can you advise from where i can find parts for it ?

find attached some pictures
This is a old post you will get better answers if you start a new discussion.

Cowboy

21 - 29 of 29 Posts