Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,637 Posts
Panel or switchboard fused safety switches?

There are 1000's of parts to the switchboard posted pictures of, what do you actually need?

·
Registered
Industrial Mostly, Panels and drives
31 Posts
Might help with knowing where you are....EMC in Hamilton is not online, but if you go in they (at least two years ago) still had bulldog panel parts for sale, usually in good condition.

That being said, I take a pretty firm stance on replacing those derelict panels...I'd rather have a fuse panel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thks for support , I will try to find what exactly needed to be done in this switchboard.

·
Registered
31,637 Posts
Might help with knowing where you are....EMC in Hamilton is not online, but if you go in they (at least two years ago) still had bulldog panel parts for sale, usually in good condition.

That being said, I take a pretty firm stance on replacing those derelict panels...I'd rather have a fuse panel
Did you see the pictures he sent there were fused safety switches, not panels.

·
Registered
Power distribution and controls
546 Posts
I tend not to recommend people delve into the used market arena. The quality and reliability of the products are so varied. If you just looking for sheet metal or operating parts that is a bit different.

I offer one company that I have dealt with in the past. There are lots more.

My question to the poster do you even want to have your name and reputation on a retired piece of equipment?

·
Registered
31,637 Posts
I tend not to recommend people delve into the used market arena. The quality and reliability of the products are so varied. If you just looking for sheet metal or operating parts that is a bit different.

I offer one company that I have dealt with in the past. There are lots more.

My question to the poster do you even want to have your name and reputation on a retired piece of equipment?
Yes, when I test and install something I have no issues, the customer understands what they have bought and was offered an option for new.

·
Registered
Power distribution and controls
546 Posts
There is a thriving resale market out there but it does depend on where your located.
Phoenix used to have 4 companies competing for the used breaker, electrical products market.
I quickly found out a couple of them were just resaler's and one actually tested via load the breakers they sold. As we all know the small frame breakers are usually ok and pretty bullet proof for most applications. I have just gotten cautious in my old age about certain parts of the used equipment market. Recently found a 75kva transformer for a friend that worked out real well. The sheet metal was very sad,a borrowed TTR, rubber hammer and some gray paint it looks like it should in the corner of their shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts