Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
There's no best card possible.. just make one that is original and memorable. How about a lightbulb shaped business card that is a magnet to stick on fridges and electrical equipment?

Include business name, phone #, website address (if there is) and some cheesy slogan.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no best card possible.. just make one that is original and memorable. How about a lightbulb shaped business card that is a magnet to stick on fridges and electrical equipment?

Include business name, phone #, website address (if there is) and some cheesy slogan.
like we'll light you up? haha jk I thought about the light bulb idea but thought that was too generic.

I was going to make separate stickers for panels and control boxes with less info, and like For Service Call: and the number

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Ask family and friends.. they're non-electricians and would probably know better what they would like to see on an electricians business card. We're all biased.

Mine is just a nice design, no pictures, nothing fancy, double sided and business name, and contact info. Pretty standard stuff.. can't say I've ever been handed a business card and been like "oh muh gawd i love this business card, i want to give them all my money." or the opposite "oh muh gawd i hate this business card, I will not do business with them."

You just need one.. or if you're a REALLY good electrician, you don't even need a business card. :laughing:

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Business name
business phone #
Logo
License#

I think putting your address could backfire if you change locations it can also cause the perception you don't serve all areas. We don't use cards any longer we use magnets.
Printers need to make a living as well as EC's

·
Registered
141 Posts
Use the back of the business card as a gift card with a discount off of work or with some type of offer to help give your card a longer shelf life with potential customers. List a few benefit's your company offers that your competition doesn't.

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Use the back of the business card as a gift card with a discount off of work or with some type of offer to help give your card a longer shelf life with potential customers. List a few benefit's your company offers that your competition doesn't.
I don't offer any discounts.

In the residential light commercial market what are some benefits you can offer that other contractors can't or don't?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't offer any discounts.

In the residential light commercial market what are some benefits you can offer that other contractors can't or don't?
My post was geared towards the service guys. But I can see that 2 of them didn't like the idea either.;)

Brian I don't know what type of work you do but if your doing bid type work your discount was being low bidder; unless you've built a great reputation with a few GC's. The skill set you brought to the table to accomplish that would be what sets you apart. You could use those as a starting point. But I'm outa my league talking construction anyway. My 1 cents worth.

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Captain;
I seldom to never bid work to GC's
Much of what I do is word of mouth and being the bottom bidder is not necessarily a requirement of getting the job.
I have a niche market and when I bid work it is against the same one or two contractors that do the same type of work I do.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.