Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at adding another division to my company. Would it be better to buy an existing company or build a new division from scratch? I'm leaning toward buying an existing company with a solid customer base with key employees to run the new division. I'm thinking it would be easier to intergrate than trying to create from a start up.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I think I have a Madame as a client...That seems to be a very profitable type of business....with an endless stream of clients...:laughing::laughing::thumbup::blink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I'm looking at adding another division to my company. Would it be better to buy an existing company or build a new division from scratch? I'm leaning toward buying an existing company with a solid customer base with key employees to run the new division. I'm thinking it would be easier to intergrate than trying to create from a start up.
Screw starting from scratch, you already went through that getting your business running.

Hire someone who knows what the heck they're doing, and have them run your new division. You just worry about keeping everybody in check, and making sure your juggling act doesn't come crashing down.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
rewire said:
buying another company would have the advantage of a customer base ,tools, equipment, and possible employees.
Which is worth about the tool value and that's about it

Reactions: MTW

·
Conservitum Americum
8,766 Posts
I think I have a Madame as a client...That seems to be a very profitable type of business....with an endless stream of clients...:laughing::laughing::thumbup::blink:
You could run that by hand if you had to.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
What about having a plumbing license or is it not required where you are..
Not sure about where he is at, but here in Cali if I was to purchase that business, and had no plumbing experience, I would have a qualified licensed individual basically run the business for the required four years, then take the licensing exam. I never actually have to do any field work, just oversee the operations.

Pretty cool and pretty chitty at the same time. No wonder so many hacks are running around!:blink:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I have actually been kicking the idea around as well, a plumbing company. Their is a single man shop here in my town that wants to retire in about 4-5 years. The business is not worth much, but gaining a license that way would be worth the cash IMO.....as long as he doesn't think it is worth more than......:laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
Sounds like you're trying to become the next flyboy. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts