Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been buying electrician related expired domain names to help get more business. It has been working. But today I get a call from an electrical contractor mad as a hornet saying I was stealing traffic from his web page. I try to verify the business is closed.

Finally I remember the domain name and said yes we bought that because it was expired and he still thought I stole from him. I was going to explain that to be a nice guy I could help him get it back. But he hung up and it was late.

One part of me wants to give him a call back and work it out after he calms down. Possible he could have legal action so I think it's best to be the nice guy here.

What would you do?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Domain name disputes involving alleged bad-faith registration are typically resolved using the Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy (UDRP) process developed by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). A UDRP complaint may be initiated at UDRP proceeding with an approved dispute resolution service provider. A victim of cybersquatting may also file an InterNIC Registrar Problem Report regarding a cybersquatter posing as a registrar.

sounds like he can get his domain back if he pushes it.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Domain name disputes involving alleged bad-faith registration are typically resolved using the Uniform Domain Name Resolution Policy (UDRP) process developed by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). A UDRP complaint may be initiated at UDRP proceeding with an approved dispute resolution service provider. A victim of cybersquatting may also file an InterNIC Registrar Problem Report regarding a cybersquatter posing as a registrar.

sounds like he can get his domain back if he pushes it.
You're dreamy

Will you be my friend?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
It's called a hostile takeover. Keep it and market it.

I used do do the same thing with yellow page ads. Call every number in the various contractor sections of the book and aquire all the numbers that were disconnected.
We still do. We only keep them for 90 days I found that after that you get more bill collector calls than customers.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
I have been buying electrician related expired domain names to help get more business. It has been working. But today I get a call from an electrical contractor mad as a hornet saying I was stealing traffic from his web page. I try to verify the business is closed.

Finally I remember the domain name and said yes we bought that because it was expired and he still thought I stole from him. I was going to explain that to be a nice guy I could help him get it back. But he hung up and it was late.

One part of me wants to give him a call back and work it out after he calms down. Possible he could have legal action so I think it's best to be the nice guy here.

What would you do?
They have no recourse, if they don't pay the bill they have no right to complain. It's done EVERYDAY. and it's called doing business.

btw, I do the same thing, lol.:laughing:

·
Registered
455 Posts
The way I understand it, is that a domain has more worth if it has been indexed by google before for SEO purposes going back. If the site was never indexed and just sat as Joe's Electric of PigKnuckle with a number, it is like almost starting over again by having it indexed.

I have heard that buying up defunct "sizable" electrician phone numbers may be a better play. All the double truck (2 page) ads in the phone book and someone calls them from an old card or panel marker could work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.