Electrician Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HO who wants cable ran to a kitchen satellite receiver. From there to the kitchen tv and an outside tv sharing the same signal.
Problem is I can't figure out how to set it up. There is a space behind the tv cabinet that I can split and splice cable. I already have 1 box in the wall behind the tv cabinet with 2 pieces of coax coming in and cat 5 coming in the same box. 1 piece of coax is a homerun and one piece is going to an outside tv. I also have a cut-in box in the back of the tv cabinet that I was going to bring the homerun and the cat 5 into and hook that to a tv/tele combo plate. I was figuring that a coax line would go from the combo plate to the receiver and from the receiver back to another cut-in box with a dual coax cable wallplate. One of the connectors on the wall plate would have a two way splitter behind it. One output leading to the outside tv and one leading back to the other connector. From that connector a piece of coax running back to the tv. Would this setup let both tv's share the same satellite channel and if so does anyone know of a way to simplify this whole fiasco of wires.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.