Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Phatstax said:
Does anyone have any good study material for the Cali test? I know at one point several locals where dispersing DVDs and practice tests.
It's called the 2008 NEC. The general electrician test is straight code questions with no math involved. If you can use the index of the code book you'll be all set.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought some Cali hands had told me they adopted 2011 recently, but I have not been in touch with the state yet, still waiting to see something besides solar work breaking on the west coast. Hoping a couple of big jobs let soon to start clearing the books out a little.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought some Cali hands had told me they adopted 2011 recently, but I have not been in touch with the state yet, still waiting to see something besides solar work breaking on the west coast. Hoping a couple of big jobs let soon to start clearing the books out a little.
They have adopted the 11. That's the word at my training center.

·
Banned
1,486 Posts
Does an IBEW Journeyman card allow you to sit for the test?
I would imagine a IBEW Card , is proof of 8,000 Hrs . and schooling . I thought
that is accepted everywhere for a Journeyman Card . If I remember there are
2 classes of electrician journeyman card . Best take the best one and find out
what year code book the test will be based on .

All based on the Code Book . You will have one for the Test .

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.