Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... I'm a journeyman electrician out here in indiana, and my cousin just bought a house outside Sacramento. he wants to fly me out to help him with some stuff, most of which is electrical. He is concerned with california's strict licensing policies, and this possibly becoming an issue if he ever wants to sell. do i realistically need to get a cali license to help out a family member? what level of work requires pulling a permit? we will just be installing a bunch of can lights and moving around some receptacles. no changes to the service...

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hi everyone... I'm a journeyman electrician out here in indiana, and my cousin just bought a house outside Sacramento. he wants to fly me out to help him with some stuff, most of which is electrical. He is concerned with california's strict licensing policies, and this possibly becoming an issue if he ever wants to sell. do i realistically need to get a cali license to help out a family member? what level of work requires pulling a permit? we will just be installing a bunch of can lights and moving around some receptacles. no changes to the service...
In my state that type of job requires a permit and inspection , so yes you'll need to be licensed there,why would he pay to fly you out there to do the work when he could just hire an electrical contracting firm to do the work.

Welcome to ET.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because my company is a bonus!

are you in cali? i know its different from state to state... sometimes city to city. here in Indiana licensing is at the discretion of the municipality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a few friends that like the bosox. i'm originally from long island. born and bred for the yankees. tough year to be a yankees fan... good one for the sox tho!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
If your cousin owns the house he can pull a homeowners permits and hire anyone he wants. Even the gardener. Or you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts