Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from a guy today that left me a voice mail. He said he was from OSHA and to call him back asap.

Funny thing is the number he left on the message was 888-943-3237. I didn't show any missed calls from that number. Only missed call I had was a local number, well the area code was local anyway. I called that (local #) and I got a recording saying ext. ??? was unavailable. Sounds like a "spoofed" number to me!

I don't think anyone from OSHA would be calling me as I'm just a "one man show". Also, I don't think a govt agency would have a phone number with 888.

Anyone else receive any calls like this?

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
I got a call from a guy today that left me a voice mail. He said he was from OSHA and to call him back asap.

Funny thing is the number he left on the message was 888-943-3237. I didn't show any missed calls from that number. Only missed call I had was a local number, well the area code was local anyway. I called that (local #) and I got a recording saying ext. ??? was unavailable. Sounds like a "spoofed" number to me!

I don't think anyone from OSHA would be calling me as I'm just a "one man show". Also, I don't think a govt agency would have a phone number with 888.

I got a call from a guy wanting to sell me some type of forms to fill out for OSHA.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Popped the number into Google and it comes up with dozens of complaints, same story, someone selling something. It's not OSHA.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

They usually Just show up without warning.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
HARRY304E said:
They usually Just show up without warning.
True. I usually hear about them making rounds very shortly after their first stop

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
speaking of cletis, anyone heard from gold, or did he get perma ban? and maybe i shouldnt put them in the same 'sentence':whistling2:

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
papaotis said:
speaking of cletis, anyone heard from gold, or did he get perma ban? and maybe i shouldnt put them in the same 'sentence':whistling2:
You can find gold over at the other forum

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
You better punch out
You better just fly
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Osha dude is coming to town
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice
Osha dude is coming to town
He sees you when you're working
He knows when you're unsafe
He knows if you've been bad or good
So comply for goodness sake!

:whistling2::thumbup::laughing:~CS~

·
Premium Member
19,557 Posts
They called me and wanted to sell me posters and a safety book. Said I could look over the book for a month and if I didn't like it I could send it back. They called every week wanting to know if I looked at it and told me to try it for another three months.
Huge book arrived, never opened it, sent it back 3 months later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.