Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Not a bad idea! I just would want to also carry around a big tripod. What is the situation that would require a tripod?

Rough work I screw it to the wall, in finishing I'll set it on something like a ladder step and put stuff under it to get my height.

·
Estwing magic
27,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a bad idea! I just would want to also carry around a big tripod. What is the situation that would require a tripod?

Rough work I screw it to the wall, in finishing I'll set it on something like a ladder step and put stuff under it to get my height.
Why not just put it on your Home Depot bucket?

I want it to line up devices precisely on tile walls. I'm a picky SOB. That's why they pay me the big money :) .

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Why not just put it on your Home Depot bucket?

I want it to line up devices precisely on tile walls. I'm a picky SOB. That's why they pay me the big money :) .
And the area is finished, so you can't secure it to the wall?

In that case, I would just put the laser on my ladder, shoot the beam and use that to measure a couple inches off the line to get my location.

I'm picky that way too.. because cabinets and counters are never perfectly level and then I get blamed for devices being off. So I use a laser level, so I can't take any heat.. my devices are PERFECT.

·
Estwing magic
27,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the area is finished, so you can't secure it to the wall?

In that case, I would just put the laser on my ladder, shoot the beam and use that to measure a couple inches off the line to get my location.

I'm picky that way too.. because cabinets and counters are never perfectly level and then I get blamed for devices being off. So I use a laser level, so I can't take any heat.. my devices are PERFECT.
You can get a mini camera tripod for twenty bucks. Might be worth a try :) .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.