Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm definitely an electrical noob, but I am definitely willing to learn all I can. My father-in-law built his family's home, so he is very experienced in basically any question I could have, but we currently live about 7 hours away now...so having his help is not really an option.

Having said that, my question is regarding conduit and drywall. We are looking to finish a space in our basement that would become a closet for a guest room down there, but there is existing conduit & a ceiling light fixture as well. Are we going to have to re-do the entire thing in terms of the conduit? or can we drywall over it and extend the switch/box so it is flush with the drywall?

I attached a picture as well. (I realize its currently a mess)

thanks!

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Welcome. Nowadays we welcome almost all the DIY'ers. You find a good handy man and do whatever it takes to not hire a real electrician.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,117 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area.

If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.