Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MTW said:
Yes. Do an electrical apprenticeship to learn how to wire things correctly.
Why would i wanna do that ? Its done, gonna be covered, and pretty sure the house wont explode and most important i got paid.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awg-Dawg said:
356.42 Couplings and Connectors. Only fittings listed for use with LFNC shall be used. Angle connectors shall not be used for concealed raceway installations. Straight LFNC fittings are permitted for direct burial or encasement in concrete.

Humm, angled fitting ??

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Ive always been like that. Do first , ask questions later type. Btw , why can you bury a straight lfnc fitting but not sn angled one ???
Usually because you can easily run a fish tape through a straight fitting and repull wire if necessary. Ever tried that with an angle fitting???

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rollie73 said:
Usually because you can easily run a fish tape through a straight fitting and repull wire if necessary. Ever tried that with an angle fitting???
I can easily get a wire through 2.5ft of sealtight with a 90 . Vacuum, balll, string worst case. Is that the reason for that lame ass rule???

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I can easily get a wire through 2.5ft of sealtight with a 90 . Vacuum, balll, string worst case. Is that the reason for that lame ass rule???

Sorry Clete......I can't answer that for the NEC but I know it's how our AHJ sees it.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Roger said:
I'm pretty sure he admitted he didn't in a number of older threads. Roger
Your right, ive just posted 1000's of these off the top of my head

225.7 Lighting Equipment Installed Outdoors.
(A) General. For the supply of lighting equipment installed outdoors, the branch circuits shall comply with Article 210 and 225.7(B) through (D).
(B) Common Neutral. The ampacity of the neutral conductor shall not be less than the maximum net calculated load current between the neutral conductor and all ungrounded conductors connected to any one phase of the circuit.
(C) 277 Volts to Ground. Circuits exceeding 120 volts, nominal, between conductors and not exceeding 277 volts, nominal, to ground shall be permitted to supply luminaires for illumination of outdoor areas of industrial establishments, office buildings, schools, stores, and other commercial or public buildings.
(D) 600 Volts Between Conductors. Circuits exceeding 277 volts, nominal, to ground and not exceeding 600 volts, nominal, between conductors shall be permitted to supply the auxiliary equipment of electric-discharge lamps in accordance with 210.6(D)(1).

1 - 20 of 76 Posts