·
Registered
1,532 Posts
What a stupid face plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
The hokey plate, the any-which-way slots on the screws or that one of the dimmers is up?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
Three way switch, modular plate. What's the issue?

That the numb-nuts doing the rough-in thought that 5g toggle covers were like belly buttons... everyone has 'em.

Then, on the final day of trim, he goes to the SH...... "Oh, no.... we don't carry 5-gang. We can get them from our central warehouse and have it here next Thursday......"

So off he goes to Home Depot and buys 2 ends and 3 centers of the "Oops" sectional plates.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
That the numb-nuts doing the rough-in thought that 5g toggle covers were like belly buttons... everyone has 'em.

Then, on the final day of trim, he goes to the SH...... "Oh, no.... we don't carry 5-gang. We can get them from our central warehouse and have it here next Thursday......"

So off he goes to Home Depot and buys 2 ends and 3 centers of the "Oops" sectional plates.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good one, That's how it went down I bet!

·
Petulant Amateur
24,239 Posts

Then you order the five gang plate and put it in after final on your own time.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
you left out the part where the supply guy hands you a brass one, and then you find out the white one is backordered for 5 weeks out because the boat from china got hijacked

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The blooper plate is ugly.......

The screws are not lined up.....

But the one toggle being up when all the lights are off would drive me crazy. I'd have to swap the travellers to fix that. :thumbsup::laughing:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

This stuff is fine. It works, it's done to code - who cares about the rest of it. That's probably not an installation that I would aim to do, but if that was just the way things ended up, so what? I'd probably look at it for exactly 2 seconds before I lost interest and went looking for my coffee cup.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

This stuff is fine. It works, it's done to code - who cares about the rest of it. That's probably not an installation that I would aim to do, but if that was just the way things ended up, so what? I'd probably look at it for exactly 2 seconds before I lost interest and went looking for my coffee cup.
Ever hear of a thing called pride in workmanship? :whistling2::rolleyes:

Customers WILL notice crap like that, as will any one else they know who sees it. How do you think that will reflect on the impression of you and your company?

And I have found that inspectors will look deeper into all of your work when they see sloppy things like this. Years ago I was wiring up apartments (phase two of the complex I lived in) and my boss pointed out that in the units I wired, the inspector spent less than 3 minutes per unit. The units my co-worker (who was very good but also very sloppy) wired had a much deeper look by the inspector (7-10 minutes per unit).

It is just human nature to be more critical of something done sloppy than something done neatly.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Ever hear of a thing called pride in workmanship? :whistling2::rolleyes:

Customers WILL notice crap like that, as will any one else they know who sees it. How do you think that will reflect on the impression of you and your company?

It is just human nature to be more critical of something done sloppy than something done neatly.
Taking pride in you're workmanship......now that's a thread in itself. To some guys it means everything, to others it's just something that gets in the way of getting the job done. I'm of the seconds mindset.

Pride in workmanship never got me far, and yet, learning to overcome the obstacles and get the job done has taken me very far in life.

Secondly, yeah the inspectors probably will take a closer look at your jobs when their not pretty, but as long as you do them to code - Let them look as hard as they want. :thumbsup:

Reactions: guest
1 - 20 of 23 Posts