Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ask you electricians that are out of work right now or can't get a raise from lack of work why are two major electrical companies are using temporary foreign workers ?
Found on the ntfw.ca web site :mad:

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
So I ask you electricians that are out of work right now or can't get a raise from lack of work why are two major electrical companies are using temporary foreign workers ?
lots of that going on all over.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
So I ask you electricians that are out of work right now or can't get a raise from lack of work why are two major electrical companies using temporary foreign workers ?
If you owned a company and the feds were offering you tax breaks, wage subsidies and other incentives to hire TFW's instead of those of us who put the damned douchebags into office in the first place.......add that to the fact that you can treat most of those TFW's in any manner you wish.....sub standard camp accomodations...less than ideal conditions etc etc......and you would be very interested in hiring temp. foriegn workers as well.

Don't blame the companies when the feds make it all too attractive for them.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
:mad:
Have you applied to work at these two companies and been turned down?

If not do that and get back to us. If you have what did they say?

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,068 Posts
jobbank.gc.ca
Calgary 42 jobs
Edmonton 27
Fort Mac 12
etc

Total of 89 jobs listed for JMs and apprentices

And those are only the ones on the government site!

So what's the problem?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The next time some green journeyman comes in and says "I want no less then 45 a hour because it's me or no one" I will sign up for TFWs. This has happened more then once.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The next time some green journeyman comes in and says "I want no less then 45 a hour because it's me or no one" I will sign up for TFWs. This has happened more then once.
Some places in the Mac make $45 an hour, i know of none in calgary. I get $40 as a foreman, and i think that is very fair. Where do people get the idea that they can ask for $45?

I dont have a problem with TFW's but they should have to speak and write English, many cant, and the program needs better policeing.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Well guys I'm for hire. As you can see people such as myself are in great demand here now.

Supply and demand type stuff.

Now don't be embarrassing yourselves by offering me a measly $60 an hour tho. There should be some perks thrown in... maybe a 60 inch flat-screen, company truck with helper. Need the helper for sure as I don't do much nowadays. Got the ticket tho.

If you have been looking for help for a long time, there isn't any. Gotta up the anti.

Next year or the year after when she slows down (the work, not me, I'm slow enough) I'll work cheap.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Since all you Canadians are here in this thread, I'm looking for work up in Fort Mac and if you have any leads on a decent job, let me know. I'd prefer a 7&7 or 10&10 and am willing to work hard. Master electrician, SCO, NCSO and also a j-man Appliance tech. Mature, solid theory background, some gas plant work, controls and I don't drink or touch drugs. If you can steer me towards a decent job, I'd appreciate it. Resume available too, if you know someone looking. Thanks boys!

**Edit... Ideally I'll find a position where I can apprentice as an Instrumentation mechanic as well, but not necessary. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts