Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not the Installer

Never assume nothing! Installer did not enter V Codes. Unit did not know what it was supposed to do so did nothing!

One of the problems with start up calls from other installers, you don't know what they did?

Again, Thanks for the response!:no:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Up and running, thanks!

Haven't been in a forum for a couple of years, but it is nice to get back online and in touch. The new control panel we installed was not shipped with the V code info, period, so we were hanging out in the wind , and really wanted to get this unit up and running. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Long Story

Yours was a replacement?
Been installing Generacs since 1997.

Mostly install and service my own clients.

Started getting online referrals.

First call on a new unit not working, my tech suspected a solenoid, but under warranty reviewed with tech support, they recommended we replace one part then the control panel, then the new panel which was shipped without the V code info, and we are now waiting on a new solenoid because the control panel is not the problem.

I am in a cabin watching eagles on the Mississippi trying to give my tech support online and on the phone. This whole process is very atypical, usually it's one shot and done.

Definitely learning a lot on this one.

Again, I appreciate the online support!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nexus

He might be talking about an H panel
New unit installed last fall.

Not yet aware units come from factory preprogrammed with voltage info, but replacement controllers need to be specifically adapted.

Makes sense, one Nexus works from single phase 8KW to three phase 150KW.

No more dealing with a plethora of controllers in stock, just one Nexus and a V code list!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never too old!

I just took the liquid cooled class this summer and bought the parts kit a couple weeks ago. It is a learning process for sure. More parts to contend with on the liquid cooled. More service than installs, supply house referrals.
I took air cooled in 2009 because my clients wanted me, not someone else doing their service, commercial 1 in 2011, and Protector Diesel in 2013.

Worked by myself till May 2013, been sidelined by Shingles since then so rely on other, retired to a cabin on the Mississippi, and then started a new branch.

Wouldn't know what to do if not working!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts