Electrician Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nexus

He might be talking about an H panel
New unit installed last fall.

Not yet aware units come from factory preprogrammed with voltage info, but replacement controllers need to be specifically adapted.

Makes sense, one Nexus works from single phase 8KW to three phase 150KW.

No more dealing with a plethora of controllers in stock, just one Nexus and a V code list!

·
Can't Remember
10,947 Posts
I just took the liquid cooled class this summer and bought the parts kit a couple weeks ago. It is a learning process for sure. More parts to contend with on the liquid cooled. More service than installs, supply house referrals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never too old!

I just took the liquid cooled class this summer and bought the parts kit a couple weeks ago. It is a learning process for sure. More parts to contend with on the liquid cooled. More service than installs, supply house referrals.
I took air cooled in 2009 because my clients wanted me, not someone else doing their service, commercial 1 in 2011, and Protector Diesel in 2013.

Worked by myself till May 2013, been sidelined by Shingles since then so rely on other, retired to a cabin on the Mississippi, and then started a new branch.

Wouldn't know what to do if not working!

·
Can't Remember
10,947 Posts
I'll likely take the Protector series class this year. Parts kit comes with a Protector controller, so may as well learn about it. Haven't seen one or heard of one installed yet around here, though they have only been around a short while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this happen today on a service call. It is an evolution controller. 48kw 5.4l liquid cooled engine. Checked canbus wiring. 1.97vdc on wire 744 to ground and 2.57vdc on wire 743. As per generac troubleshoot this is acceptable voltage. Rung out wires from controller to ICM. So next step is to change out xontroller. Still canbus error. Un hooked battery( charger is already unhooked) re hook up battery. Input 13 pram and 26 v code on new controller. Can bus error disappears!!! Try to start unit, unit seems to crank at low rmp. Call teck support, they suggest new battery and starter, even tho existing battery and unit are only 2 years old. Replace starter, same thing. Code reappears!! Try new ICM im at it! Still cranks slowly and code reappeared. Triple check wiring voltage, continuity and ohms( 133 ohms). Am at a total loss as to what the solution to this problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had this happen today on a service call. It is an evolution controller. 48kw 5.4l liquid cooled engine. Checked canbus wiring. 1.97vdc on wire 744 to ground and 2.57vdc on wire 743. As per generac troubleshoot this is acceptable voltage. Rung out wires from controller to ICM. So next step is to change out xontroller. Still canbus error. Un hooked battery( charger is already unhooked) re hook up battery. Input 13 pram and 26 v code on new controller. Can bus error disappears!!! Try to start unit, unit seems to crank at low rmp. Call teck support, they suggest new battery and starter, even tho existing battery and unit are only 2 years old. Replace starter, same thing. Code reappears!! Try new ICM im at it! Still cranks slowly and code reappeared. Triple check wiring voltage, continuity and ohms( 133 ohms). Am at a total loss as to what the solution to this problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hi, having same problem, did you ever figure it out

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,178 Posts
Hey, let me in man, it's Dave, the Feds are coming up the stairs! "Dave's not here man". No, I'm Dave, let me in man.
"Hey! Dave's not here man"..................

21 - 33 of 33 Posts