Electrician Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have this old 1/200 HP single phase motor. the original cap was unmarked and completely blown. I am guessing a couple uf but i don't know. Any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are you sure it isn't a 2.5 ?
That's a possibility. I didn't notice it at first, but after zooming in there does appear to be a "." between the 2 and 5, although it's towards the top of the box and isn't painted.

Seemed a little high to me too.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
thats more of what i was thinking. that seems a bit high to me.:001_huh:
The horsepower doesn't make sense either. I come up with something like a 1/30 HP

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All i know at this point is that this is out of an old 8track or something. Im just repairing it for someone.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
When I was working at the electric motor shop we hated working on Bodine motors.
We had a 115 vac Bodine gear drive motor that powered the (stator lamination slot) insulating paper creasing machine.
:laughing::laughing:

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
Looks like that motor probably powered the cylinder type phonograph,not an 8 track.

Does the motor have brass bushings or ball bearings?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like that motor probably powered the cylinder type phonograph,not an 8 track.

Does the motor have brass bushings or ball bearings?
It actually has brass bushings surprisingly:laughing:. im thinking your right now that you mention it.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
It actually has brass bushings surprisingly:laughing:. im thinking your right now that you mention it.
I hated installing brass bushings sometimes we had to ream them or wear them in on the lathe (with the little motor assembled and the lathe chuck turning the shaft)
:no::(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hated installing brass bushings sometimes we had to ream them or wear them in on the lathe (with the little motor assembled and the lathe chuck turning the shaft)
:no::(
I hate that too, but luckily the bushings on this one were in perfect condition.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have a Bodine 12-30V DC motor I bought to try and make a 12V wind Generator. I thought Bodine was made by Baldor ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a Bodine 12-30V DC motor I bought to try and make a 12V wind Generator. I thought Bodine was made by Baldor ?
Its actually a stand alone company from what i know. They dont seem to be owned by anyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts