Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Starting out as an electricians helper in two weeks. 42 years old. Over the the years I sold fasteners for the family company. I did some framing and roofing, but I was too tired to party after working that hard. ;-) I moved into the hospitality industry and went to Culinary school. I've worked every laboring job in a hotel and restaurant. Over the past 5 years I loved my job as maintenance tech, but hate big bloated companies. I worked as a flooring installer and refinisher, and then was being trained as a carpenter, but neither could provide steady work. I just put in my two weeks as a manager at Menards in the Building Materials Department. I'm looking forward to finally getting into the electrical field with a nice sized family oriented company. I expect to work hard and study hard to be able to progress. I have no misconceptions about a hard days work. I more humility than ego to believe I know it all. In fact, I told my new boss when he asked what I knew about electricity, "It's probably best to say I don't know [email protected]%t, and then you can be pleasantly surprised if I do." That's probably too much for an intro, but there it is. Lots of questions to come.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hey all,

Starting out as an electricians helper in two weeks. 42 years old. Over the the years I sold fasteners for the family company. I did some framing and roofing, but I was too tired to party after working that hard. ;-) I moved into the hospitality industry and went to Culinary school. I've worked every laboring job in a hotel and restaurant. Over the past 5 years I loved my job as maintenance tech, but hate big bloated companies. I worked as a flooring installer and refinisher, and then was being trained as a carpenter, but neither could provide steady work. I just put in my two weeks as a manager at Menards in the Building Materials Department. I'm looking forward to finally getting into the electrical field with a nice sized family oriented company. I expect to work hard and study hard to be able to progress. I have no misconceptions about a hard days work. I more humility than ego to believe I know it all. In fact, I told my new boss when he asked what I knew about electricity, "It's probably best to say I don't know [email protected]%t, and then you can be pleasantly surprised if I do." That's probably too much for an intro, but there it is. Lots of questions to come.
Hello;

Welcome aboard...:thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.