Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used it on jobs before. Does the homeowner request it or have you had to push it on them. Asking as I see if I can get it into the homeowners hands the odds are they will add more devices to it down the road.

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,900 Posts
Has anyone used it on jobs before. Does the homeowner request it or have you had to push it on them. Asking as I see if I can get it into the homeowners hands the odds are they will add more devices to it down the road.
I usually ask if they'd like app control. Some people do and some people don't. No reason to push it at first. If they want it, you can charge them an hourly rate of a fixed price to reprogram everything.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't "Push" anything. I always tell customers, "I'm going to suggest a lot of things, you keep telling me No".

I demonstrate the Caseta system when I meet the customer in my office. It's installed on recessed lights, plug-in lamps, under cabinet lights and outside lighting.
Controlling individual dimmers is a selling point but what customers like are the Scenes and Schedules. Being able to turn on Scenes by voice attracts their attention. The thing people seem to like the most, is being able to say, "Turn All Lights Off" when going to bed. Everyone likes Schedules for outside lighting.
I'm installing two systems this month. One has 19 dimmers, one only has 6 but they want to expand it in the future.

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
Fill out your profile as per the sign up agreement to the site- specifically your electrically related profession and general location (it helps with code requirements in future questions you may have).

Once you do that- I can guarantee that you will get far better responses.
:vs_cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.