Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Instead of bumping down to the lowest AWG cable you have, why not bump up to the next size you have, even if that's 14awg? Its only 15' max you said, and it's your problem for not having any of the proper cable, not the customers.
i would need 2 14/3 and a 14/2.. thats not going down a tiny hole and into tiny terminals

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
i would need 2 14/3 and a 14/2.. thats not going down a tiny hole and into tiny terminals
Tap conductor rule! :laughing:

No seriously though.. could splice smaller conductors on the ends. At least the majority of the run is in oversized copper to eliminate the voltage drop. Just trying to help.. I live far from suppliers and big box stores and often get stuck with the dilemma of how to make things work. It's annoying.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Tap conductor rule! :laughing:

No seriously though.. could splice smaller conductors on the ends. At least the majority of the run is in oversized copper to eliminate the voltage drop. Just trying to help.. I live far from suppliers and big box stores and often get stuck with the dilemma of how to make things work. It's annoying.
And then post the pictures with the caption, "Plumber or HVAC guy hack wiring":laughing:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.