Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I don't how people can watch that kind of stuff. Some contractors might be hacks but I don't think that warrants them being humiliated for our enjoyment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't how people can watch that kind of stuff. Some contractors might be hacks but I don't think that warrants them being humiliated for our enjoyment.

Well if they did the right thing they wouldn't be humiliated.

These scumbags took the money and ran. That seem right to you??

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
2phase said:
These scumbags took the money and ran. That seem right to you??
Did I say that? There's legal recourse for those situations. I'm not a very empathetic person by nature but this is cheap entertainment.

·
Registered
413 Posts
When someone takes $32,000 and does not deliver the product sold, then not only does he deserve to be humiliated, but should do time in prison for theft.

If you sell a job at a price, do it for that price.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
ponyboy said:
Did I say that? There's legal recourse for those situations. I'm not a very empathetic person by nature but this is cheap entertainment.
There's not really much legal recourse. The
courts will judge in your favor but you never collect your money.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
electricmanscott said:
Wow. You're one of the biggest a holes here towards other members, which is certainly funny, but now you care about these peoples feelings? :laughing:
It's weird I know. Some things I couldn't care less about and other things I get super convicted about. I can't explain it

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
I wonder if it helps us or hurts us? Seems like all it does is re-enforce a lot of suspicions that everyone already has about how contractors are out to gouge them.

Just think, has your opinion of people from Jersey gone up or down thanks to "Jersey Shore"? :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Big John said:
I wonder if it helps us or hurts us? Seems like all it does is re-enforce a lot of suspicions that everyone already has about how contractors are out to gouge them. Just think, has your opinion of people from Jersey gone up or down thanks to "Jersey Shore"? :whistling2:
My opinion of jersey was already rock bottom.

They should have a show how ahole homeowners or GC's screw over contractors.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I watched two episodes last night and thought the show was awful.

The concept is fine and I have always really liked Adam Carolla but these episodes were not very good.

Hopefully, Spike network will stick with it and give them a chance to tweak the show.

As far as reality shows in general, who allows themselves to be depicted as such idiots or unscrupulous? Doesn't everyone have to sign a waiver before their likeness may be used?

Some people must REALLY want to be on TV.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I like the idea of the show but the execution was horrible, as it is with all unreality shows.

I love the real stings.

I only saw a little bit of it and they made a lot of assumptions and whined about a lot of things. They were harping on a guy about re installing cabinets that had been "contaminated" with "sewage". Whatever dude. Clorox kills that ****.

And they kept harping on someone about the drains not being covered? Give me a break. It ain't rocket science. Stuff a rag in there. No one is gonna die from it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.