Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a guy at the flea market selling his invention to bring night crawlers out of the ground. It was a 3' metal prong with a wooden handle. The hot side of a lamp cord was crimped to the prong and the neutral was capped off. I tried to explain to this guy on Saturday how dangerous this thing could be and all he kept telling me is how great it works, can even fix brown spots on your lawn. He was back out selling on Sunday and I had a few words with the market owner to no avail, so i called the cops. The cops seemed very interested but I couldn't hang aroung until they got there. I'll see if the fried worm guy is there next week.. I hope he didn't sell to many..

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Couple comments... that gadget has been around for years, and it works great. Second comment... what he was selling was not illegal. He might have some huge liabilities, but it was not illegal. Calling the police is absurd. Mind your own business.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple comments... that gadget has been around for years, and it works great. Second comment... what he was selling was not illegal. He might have some huge liabilities, but it was not illegal. Calling the police is absurd. Mind your own business.
Ok, I'll get him on patent infringements. He said he invented it.... I thought you were banned from the internet..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I call the cops on everything and sometimes I score. Last week I called on some guy illegally dumping shingles. Turns out he dumped his old meth lab too. I made the front page . Kids play there.

·
Banned
11,885 Posts
I call the cops on everything and sometimes I score.
Why? I can honestly say that I have never called the cops except for the time when the job lock-up was robbed at my previous employer. Other than that, I have never needed them. Sounds like a colossal waste of tax dollars to call the cops for everything. In my opinion, the police don't serve any real purpose.

I bet you're one of those people that calls 911 because they got your burger wrong at McDonalds.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Why? I can honestly say that I have never called the cops except for the time when the job lock-up was robbed at my previous employer. Other than that, I have never needed them. Sounds like a colossal waste of tax dollars to call the cops for everything. In my opinion, the police don't serve any real purpose.

I bet you're one of those people that calls 911 because they got your burger wrong at McDonalds.
You forgot calling 911 because of Mickey D's running out of Chicken McNuggets.:whistling2:

·
child please.....
5,310 Posts

I hate cops.

·
Banned
11,885 Posts
It's the truth. Every time I might have used the assistance of a police officer, there wasn't one to be seen, yet if I jaywalk across the street, they're all over the place waiting to tazer me on the other side. What real use are they? Sit in the dark and wait for speeders? Bust teenagers for a nickel bag of pot? Apparently that's all they do, because they sure aren't busting the crack and meth dealers. Useless as tits on a bullfrog.

·
child please.....
5,310 Posts
It's the truth. Every time I might have used the assistance of a police officer, there wasn't one to be seen, yet if I jaywalk across the street, they're all over the place waiting to tazer me on the other side. What real use are they? Sit in the dark and wait for speeders? Bust teenagers for a nickel bag of pot? Apparently that's all they do, because they sure aren't busting the crack and meth dealers. Useless as tits on a bullfrog.
Good call.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts