Electrician Talk banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,665 Posts
I hate cops.
:eek:

Just keep in mind if you were in a car accident and the car was on fire, a cop would risk his life to save yours. That has happened many times.

Some cops are morons.. same as electricians or any other group of people

·
Registered
624 Posts
Whether police are useful or completely worthless, really doesn't address the issue of taxpayers money being wasted by "call the cops on everything". Get real call them when it would mean something or help someone. Calling the cops to get your name in the paper seems a little immature. Be a man next time don't call the cops do a citizens arrest, if your in the right part of the right town I guaranty you will get your name in the paper maybe on the radio too. Of course you might not be able to see it or hear it for that matter. :jester:

·
That Guy
3,467 Posts
I grew up using that contraption at my grandparents lake house. It, like every other "grandpa invention" worked great! :thumbsup:

....and in the words of my 84 year old grandfather, who retired from Newark, NJ Police department in 1985:

"Don't take sh*t from these cops."

*He was speaking more in the vein of the do nothing ball busting suburban or upper class town cop though.....

Oh, and although I agree with not wasting taxpayer dollars......they are paid whether they sit behind a building and sleep or they respond to a bad burger at Mcdonalds.......and you would be surprised at how many are big time alcoholics drinking on the job, not that it is any different than most other professions.

·
That Guy
3,467 Posts
:eek:

Just keep in mind if you were in a car accident and the car was on fire, a cop would risk his life to save yours. That has happened many times.

Some cops are morons.. same as electricians or any other group of people
I do agree, but I feel most people would do the same as well.

A few years ago myself and a few others pulled a lady from a car that was rear ended at about 50mph, the car was smoldering, the gas tank had ruptured and was leaking all over the place, and although aware and praying someone ran up with a fire extinguisher not once were we hesitant in getting her out of the car......

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
It's the truth. Every time I might have used the assistance of a police officer, there wasn't one to be seen, yet if I jaywalk across the street, they're all over the place waiting to tazer me on the other side. What real use are they? Sit in the dark and wait for speeders? Bust teenagers for a nickel bag of pot? Apparently that's all they do, because they sure aren't busting the crack and meth dealers. Useless as tits on a bullfrog.
I think your out of your damn mind.:eek:

True, some suck, true sometimes the tasks that they are assigned are stupid.

But they are far, far, far from useless and I am sorry you feel that way.

I have been arrested and had 'run ins' more then a few times and only once would I say the cop was a ****. The rest were just doing the job they signed on for.

As far as the meth and crack dealers ...... the jails are full of them, the cops are busting them but society keeps making more.

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,665 Posts
I do agree, but I feel most people would do the same as well.
On 9/11 (35) Port Authority cops ran into the Twin Towers trying to rescue anyone they could find and they all died.

Could you run into a burning 110 story building that was on fire?? I don't think I could do that.. a car crash is a different animal.

·
That Guy
3,467 Posts
On 9/11 (35) Port Authority cops ran into the Twin Towers trying to rescue anyone they could find and they all died.

Could you run into a burning 110 story building that was on fire?? I don't think I could do that.. a car crash is a different animal.
I have a total of 6 family members spanning 2 generations who either are or were firefighters in Newark, NJ. One is currently VP of Newark FD Union, my other Grandfather was Capt. of Arson Squad, another Uncle is a retired Capt, another is still a Captain, along with 2 cousins on the department. All nepotism aside, I could have become a Newark Firefighter 15 years ago. I am an Electrician, does that answer your question?:)

They aided in the aftermath of 9/11..........And these guys are all scared of Electric.........

You brought up a burning car analogy, not the terrorist act on 9/11. I don't "hate" cops. I just think respect is earned, not given.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I call the cops on everything and sometimes I score. Last week I called on some guy illegally dumping shingles. Turns out he dumped his old meth lab too. I made the front page . Kids play there.
It was probably a douche like you that made the "crazy guy with a gun" 911 call when I was loading my legally owned firearms into my car for a trip to the range. That was not a fun afternoon.

·
Banned
11,885 Posts
I think your out of your damn mind.:eek:

True, some suck, true sometimes the tasks that they are assigned are stupid.

But they are far, far, far from useless and I am sorry you feel that way.

I have been arrested and had 'run ins' more then a few times and only once would I say the cop was a ****. The rest were just doing the job they signed on for.

As far as the meth and crack dealers ...... the jails are full of them, the cops are busting them but society keeps making more.
Sure it was a broad generalization, but every single cop I have ever run into for any reason, was a douche bag. I have heard stories of the proverbial "cool cop", but I have never met one. And I think I know the reason why. I don't bow my head and look away when I meet one. I don't slow down and follow behind them when they are going too slow on the interstate. I go around his ass. I don't "yes sir" and "no sir" them. I know just what my rights are and what they can and cannot do. They don't like that, and subsequently, they don't like me.

You can't be a cop without first being a douche bag or bully. They are on a continual power trip, and God forbid it be a female cop. I didn't put up with bullies in school, and I'll be damned if I let those same bastards wear a badge and a gun and think they can get away with it on my tab. I don't need them, I won't call them, I have no use for them. I'll handle my business. Now firefighters and paramedics, those guys are the real heroes. And my hat is off to them.

F*ck the police, comin' straight from the underground...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Cops work for me. If there is chit going on in my neighborhood or any neighborhood I have interests in they will respond and deal with the situation. Sometimes it takes a while but with the power of neighborhood associations, phones, and emails i can always get their attention. . ..

I've taken the law into my own hands too. Once we hooked a chain and a truck up to a crack shack and pulled it over. I didn't think I could get arrested for that. :mad:

As far as the 120 volt probe the guys at work thought I did the right thing. Not ony is there a list of present saftey issues but these things could sit in somebody's garage for 20 or 40 years and kill or injure people that are not even born yet... just as some of the old listed tent heaters will probably continue to kill people for years to come.

If some hanyman wants to make a worm catcher for himself I have no problem with that.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts