Electrician Talk banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
You're not as great at it as you think! But I'll leave. bye..
I hold my own.

I'm not sure what to call a guy who calls the police on a man selling a legal (albeit unsafe) product. "Knucklehead" was the best thing I could come up with.

·
Certified Organic A-Hole
1,698 Posts
That's 'cause they perceive you to be on their team. When I was a teenager, I worked at a pool place as a cook and bartender. This cop always came in and ordered buffalo wings, and I would whip them up for him. He was the nicest guy in the world. He would laugh and cut up and tell jokes. I was on his team then. One night, I walked home after closing because my ride couldn't make it. It was 3:00 am and I'm walking down the side walk when a cop whips it to the side and hits his lights on me.

It was my cop friend. He shines his light in my face, starts asking me why I'm out there and wants some ID. I said "Hey man it's me, from Ques." I'll never forget his response, "I didn't ask you who you were, f*ck stick! I said get that ID out, c'mon!" So he runs my ID, pats me down, and tells me to not let him catch me out there that late anymore.

You see, at that moment, I wasn't on his team. I was a scumbag criminal walking the street, and he was flexing his muscle. I hope he gets his nuts shot off. I sincerely do.
Wow if a cop gave me that response I would have reported him to his supervisors. There was no reson for a reply like that.

·
Wyome
757 Posts
I was using and making these things in the early '60's. We would paint a flashlight lens red, the bright white light caused the nightcrawlers to suck back into their holes, wait until after a good rain, and go out when it got dark. Stick that probe in the ground and the crawlers would start coming out. That's the way we got fishin' worms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a guy at the flea market selling his invention to bring night crawlers out of the ground. It was a 3' metal prong with a wooden handle. The hot side of a lamp cord was crimped to the prong and the neutral was capped off. I tried to explain to this guy on Saturday how dangerous this thing could be and all he kept telling me is how great it works, can even fix brown spots on your lawn. He was back out selling on Sunday and I had a few words with the market owner to no avail, so i called the cops. The cops seemed very interested but I couldn't hang aroung until they got there. I'll see if the fried worm guy is there next week.. I hope he didn't sell to many..
What he is doing is OBVIOUSLY not illegal. It actually falls under none of your business. His safety is none of your business. The tool is a great way to find worms and be very selective about which worms you take. The left over worms are not hurt and can return to the ground to maybe harvested later.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What he is doing is OBVIOUSLY not illegal. It actually falls under none of your business. His safety is none of your business. The tool is a great way to find worms and be very selective about which worms you take. The left over worms are not hurt and can return to the ground to maybe harvested later.
13 years. Thanks for your valuable input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 76 of 76 Posts