Electrician Talk banner

CEC 2-308 interpretation

CEC 
Tags
cec 2-308
9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  emtnut 
#1 ·
Any experience with inspection for spacing between 2 MCCs? How to interpret CEC 2-308? what is the spacing between 2 MCC's facing each other? Is it measured between the 2 bus bars, between 2 denergized buckets or the buckets totally drawn out?
I got reference from an inspector that it is between the buckets partially but would like a second reference.
If the buckets are 40 cm de-energized, not totally drawn out. would the space required in front be 1.4m?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all inputs. I am looking for actual inspection results. In our case it is a an existing prefab e-house where we need to install 600V MCC's front to front, so the spacing considering draw out equipment is critical. The situation is that draw out equipment (starter buckets) become de-energized when extracted only 2-4 inches, but would take a full 1' to take it out of the mcc. I got feedback from a CSA inspector at manufacturing facility and he approves to consider only 2-4 inches to have the bucket de-energized. I am asking if this interpretation is ok or there might be another inspector that has a different interpretation. The conservative interpretation of full extraction doesn't allow installation of another MCC in the e-house, that is why I need to check if we can compromise on a more optimized interpretation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.