Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
There's no way we can answer that. You need to learn how to calculate a profitable price based on your expenses and income requirements.
What's this we crap you need to speak for yourself some of us can help guys price jobs especially service work without knowing his expenses.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well, sure...... Any Tom, Dîck or Harry can toss out a price. $4.73. $15 trillion. $800. $500. 26¢.
Kind of true but on the other hand you notice all the gas stations stay within 5 cents of eachother? There is always a ballpark figure you could give, its not like 1 guy bids a panel change for $10 and his competition bids it at $100,000. point is if you gave him what you would charge it wouldnt really hurt anything, im sure most people who do similar work have somewhat similar pricing.

If it was me (im not a business owner, just a J-man) if the switch was not an exterior wall i would assume 3.5 hrs labor (odds are it would take maybe 1.5 once on the job) + material cost. So if it was me just winging your situation I would say $325. We all know certain situations could alter that but with info givin im at $325

*Edit* if it were my neighbor and he picked up everything I need I may be at $150-$200. (I'd have no other time invested, and being a good neighbor)

·
Registered
777 Posts
I wouldn't do it for less than $400
Im just curious (and this is a me learning question). How did you come up with that?? I ask because to me that seems high even charging $125 hr and marking up material 20%+ couldn't amount to $400 unless you provide the fan (I assumed fan purchased by HO or decorator).
Again thats not any slander I am curious if I didnt think of something.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
Four hour minimum. Then material.

$275 is going to kill you.

Attic, fish in switch. Find power. Drive there. Find a stick to bolt the box down so the fan don't pull itself off the ceiling.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.