Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts

That this would even begin to be a profitable means of production for a company is incredible and really depressing.

God only knows what these folks are being exposed to. Sure the amount of mercury and phosphor in an individual lamp is trivial, but I'd bet they have a hell of a lot on it on hand for mass production.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I read an article in a health magazine that stated almost 100 percent of the curly bulb failed the uv test.
You got your daily dose of uv in minutes.
And yet they still keep selling that garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those appear to be made for consumption in the domestic (Indian) market. I don't think TCP and the Big 3 lighting companies made CFL's like that. :no:

Im willing to bet CFLs you buy at Wal-Mart are made in similar conditions. China at times isn't much different then this:no:.

I read an article in a health magazine that stated almost 100 percent of the curly bulb failed the uv test.
You got your daily dose of uv in minutes.
And yet they still keep selling that garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com
CFLs are a giant health conspiracy. Never thought a light bulb could be so detrimental to ones well being. Either way I just avoid them altogether.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.