Electrician Talk banner

CH Panel split neutral kit?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  backstay 
#1 ·
Need to clean this panel up, it's bugging me.

I just got done going through the Eaton CH panel catalog and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a split neutral kit or maybe an even longer neutral bar for this panel. This neutral bar is beyond maxed out.

These neutral bars have these plastic standoffs and I kinda want it to look factory.

As you can see there's plenty of room to take some the neutrals around to the other side.

Circuit component Electricity Electrical wiring Computer hardware Electronic engineering

Here's a picture I took at work the other day, you can see the split neutral in the back i know it's kinda hard to see. I think maybe that's a BR type panel?

Circuit component Electrical wiring Electricity Computer hardware Hardware programmer

See less See more
#3 ·

Here's the drawing, all it shows for accessories are ground bars....hmmm. It shows it coming with the split neutral installed though... the guy who installed this panel is a hack.

Also what's with these cable guys putting clips on the meter can for their grounds??? Theres a bonding bridge right below the panel. This is why I hate resi work

#4 ·
Another one of those parts that is not easy to find in the catalog.
Not remembering the size of the holes in the existing bar you could purchase one of these.

The pic is not all that clear where the copper lugs are to my old eyes. You will need to take some measurements to be sure that it will fit when the cover is on.

I also found this one. The numbers are different so I am guessing.

Elliot Electric Supply is usually good at searches.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Mbit
#5 ·
@SWDweller thx for the reply. I'm suspicious that either one of those come with the insulated "flat bar" that runs between the 2 neutral bars. I couldn't find any pics when I googled those Cat. numbers.

I did find the cat number for the neutral bar with the standoffs just no tie between them. I wonder if I can use whatever size wire between the 2 neutral bars without "violating the listing".

There's gonna be a service rated ATS in the future so I need the neutrals and grounds separated.

#6 ·
Neither of them do. You will have to run a code gauge wire between them.

I have never seen a isolated neutral bar with a flat insulated bar for installation.

#8 ·
they come in many BR panels that have a plug in neu bar on both sides
the insulated, flat connection bar goes beneath the bus and everything else
i used to cut them out to give me an already installed grnd bar once i bonded it

Reactions: readydave8
#10 ·
Need to clean this panel up, it's bugging me.

I just got done going through the Eaton CH panel catalog and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a split neutral kit or maybe an even longer neutral bar for this panel. This neutral bar is beyond maxed out.

These neutral bars have these plastic standoffs and I kinda want it to look factory.

As you can see there's plenty of room to take some the neutrals around to the other side.

View attachment 167420

Here's a picture I took at work the other day, you can see the split neutral in the back i know it's kinda hard to see. I think maybe that's a BR type panel?

View attachment 167421
I might have one of those straps and a pair of plastic stand-offs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.