Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Modérateur
8,692 Posts
anyone know if the guts from a 200a panel will fit in a 30 cir can?

thanks

That is kinda iffy depending on what the 200 amp guts will fit in the exsting 30 circuit panel is. plus the main breaker conferation will be differnt as well.

I did see a retrotfit from CH which it will fit in almost any type of tub as long it is listed to fit in that type of tub.

Merci.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The CH kits are great. I used one about a year ago to replace an old kinney panel. It has rigid coming out of 4 sides and was recessed in a block/plaster wall. I had new feeders pulled and panel swapped in about 3 hrs.

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
Challenger is Cutler Hammer so it's possible that the two will directly interchange if they were made in the last 15 years or so.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Challenger is Cutler Hammer so it's possible that the two will directly interchange if they were made in the last 15 years or so.
Have you used any of the retro-fit panels before? Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I haven't, never had a need to so far.
I haven't looked into them, but ive heard guys on here post about them alot.

Lots of old 125 amp split mains around here. The 12.5" ones, where you'd have to take sawzall to the stud to get a new panel in.

I'd be interested in knowing how well these kits would be with changing these panels out (for more space) or to repair a burnt up buss bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts