Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Night Machinist/Electrician, shelved license currently,
1,560 Posts
Did one.
Built a platform on the rafters in the attic to hold motor/drive, was pretty hefty. Had a keyed operator. All in all was a fairly simple install.

·
332 Posts
I did one on a cathedral ceiling with no access above the box. Had to use the remote mounted style, and it took some help from the carpenters because there had to be some bracing put in for the pulley system. It wasn't to bad, but I would put that lift on a dedicated circuit if at all possible, simply to try to keep it off an arc fault circuit. These can be a good little money maker as the people that want such a thing don't really care what it costs. It will probably take longer to assemble the chandelier and hang it, than to install the lift.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ah, this app is a little weird and didn't see the title.

If this is a remodel I would say figure for 2 guys all day to get it installed and figured out.

Add more for coordination with a remote pulley system. This is where you don't have enough clearance to mount the motor directly above the fixture spot. Kit is also more expensive and there will be framing.

Almost all of the kits we install have at least a dedicated circuit and sometimes 2 15a circuits. One for the motor and one for the chandelier.

Definitely can be a pain in the ass, but I've done a couple that were a breeze.

There will be a low voltage key switch that you will have to cut in somewhere for them to operate the lift. We usually hide these in a hall closet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using electriciantalk.com mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.