Electrician Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pool Shark
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not kidding when I say this. We had to assemble this thing and it literally took three guys 6 hours.

The neat thing about it is it's got both LED and halogen lamps

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,672 Posts
You need to try working without a 6 pack and it may get done in 2 hours. :laughing:

·
Ambassador of Amps
9,518 Posts
Some of the most vile water is found in sprinkler pipes.... next to water in underground conduits.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
what is the standard for that anyway?
certain distance from the head?
I don't know if there is a certain distance or what the standard is, however I do know that sprinkler systems are engineered to place the heads at exact locations to provide coverage of the building. Any deviation of sprinkler head placement or obstructions to the sprinkler head can affect the coverage of the spray patterns. The op's picture IMO shows the chandelier much to close to that head. Either the chandelier or the sprinkler head would need to be moved. If the sprinkler head is relocated, it would affect the coverage in that area and most likely would require another head being added to compensate. Honestly I never gave much thought to this sort of thing until I took a class on fire protection systems through the fd. It really made me think about the bigger picture that our work sometimes has on other building systems. Personally, I don't want to be the guy responsible for the sprinkler protection being compromised in a building. It's definitely something we should all be aware of.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If the sprinkler head is relocated, it would affect the coverage in that area and most likely would require another head being added to compensate.
I agree, but they probably did the whole building the same way. Every room with a surface fixture would need another head. I thought for residential they used recessed heads with a finished cap?

Cool fixture:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Some of the most vile water is found in sprinkler pipes.... next to water in underground conduits.
I worked on a remodel at a warehouse, and the sprinkler guys had to cut the line and tie into it - That was the Nastiest. Nastiest. Foul smelling, black, oily, diahearea looking spew that I have ever seen in my life. I watched while the sprinkler guy took it all over his face and arms like it was just another day in the office. He didn't even wince. :laughing:

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
how high and how heavy was the fixture?
any extra security box or hanging method?

·
Pool Shark
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how high and how heavy was the fixture?
any extra security box or hanging method?
Ceiling wasn't high at all. 9 ft

We used four of these... I call'm "wing" nuts/bolts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts